Moving rather slowly as we usually we do we now have made it through the books of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles. We have learned a lot and I need to start sharing with you the knowledge we have acquired. My cancer slows me down from doing what I want to do but it doesn’t stop me so I need to get busy.
In love W.I.T.H. Jesus,
It’s been a long time since I posted on this blog and I apologize. Perhaps having four other blogs to maintain I have neglected my fourth. It’s time to stop and get this one up to speed. To start let us begin with the study my Women’s Bible study is doing right now. We are walking thru the Bible chronologically and seeing what we can learn from our Bible buddies.
Taking it three or four chapters per week we unravel what we have read and apply what we have learned. The questions we start with each week are:
1) Who are the people in the chapters we just read
2) What issues are they dealing with? It is stress, temptation, anger, selfishness, cheating, lack of faith, or what
3) How did they handle it? One this question we might have to change it to something a little more because each time our answer is the same, “No very well.”
4) What can we learn from this?
5) What characteristics of God do we see.
1. Gen 1-6 Of course we started out with the creation and the rise and fall with man and woman. The people we found in the stories were none other than Adam and Eve. What they were dealing with was blame, selfishness, disobedience, taking their eyes off of God. How they handled it wasn’t well. Instantly it was everyone’s fault but their own. What we can learn from them is to keep our eyes on God, to not listen to Satan’s lies no matter how believeable they appear to be, to be satisfied with what we have, to own up to our mistakes and stop blaming others. Characteristics of God that were found was the fact that God will discipline us, He means business, He has a tough love needed to keep His children on track.